What We Believe...
Our doctrinal foundation is set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechisms. We believe that these statements express the system of doctrine revealed in the Scriptures.
We believe that...
•the Bible is the holy, inspired and inerrant Word of God which is to be our rule in all matters of faith and practice;
•there is one God, existing in three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, who created all things and upholds all things by His sovereign power and will;
•all people are sinful throughout and in need of salvation through a personal Redeemer, Jesus Christ;
•salvation is by grace alone through faith in Christ's finished work on the cross where He paid the penalty for mankind's sins;
•Christ is Lord in every area of the believer's life and all of life is to be lived in obedience to Christ, to the glory of God the Father;
•Jesus Christ will come again at the end of history and history as we know it will cease. Christ will then establish his kingdom which will have no end.
OUR LIFE TOGETHER: For those interested in learning more about Christ Presbyterian Church the following is an overview of the basic beliefs, distinctives, and philosophy of ministry of Christ Presbyterian Church.
1. Our Life Together - In Jesus
2. Our Life Together - At Christ Presbyterian Church
3. Our LIfe Together - As Presbyterians
4. Our Life Together - In the Presbyterian Church in America
5. Our Life Together - What We Believe About the Bible
6. Our Life Together - What We Believe About Salvation
7. Our Life Together - What We Believe About Baptism
8. Our Life Together - What We Believe About the Lord's Supper
9. Our Life Together - What We Believe About Church Discipline
10. Our Life Together - Becoming a Member of Christ Presbyterian Church
Who We Are...
We are a Presbyterian congregation. When we speak of being Presbyterian we refer to how our church is governed. It is a representative form of government where spiritually qualified men called elders (or presbyters) are elected by the congregation to lead and encourage the church in obedience to Christ, her Head. We are a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America. Organized in 1973, the P.C.A. is one of the fastest growing denominations in North America.
Our Six Commitments
1. A commitment to a life of corporate and individual worship and prayer. (Psalm 100, John 4:24, Romans 12:1-2)
2. A commitment to warm and welcoming fellowship. (Hebrews 10:24-25, 1 Peter 1:22, 1 Corinthians 12:12-20)
3. A commitment to spiritual maturity expressed in every area of life. (Ephesians 4:13-16, Philippians 3:7-14)
4. A commitment to minister to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of people in our church and community. (Galatians 6:9-10, Luke 10:25-37)
5. A commitment to doing our share in reaching Richmond, the nation and the world for Jesus Christ. (Matthew 28:18-20)
6. A commitment to developing the next generation of leadership for the church. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9, 2 Timothy 2:1-2)
The ministry of our church revolves around four key ideas.
Worship - Too often worship services are lifeless, boring, and irrelevant. We believe worship should be enjoyed, not merely endured. We are committed to providing meaningful and inspirational worship which honors God and encourages His people. Our preaching is based upon the Word of God and we seek to apply its truth.
Learning - Growing involves learning and at Christ Presbyterian Church we place a premium on expanding our understanding of who God is and what God has done for us in His Son, Jesus Christ.
Fellowship - We are not meant to face life or life’s problems alone. At Christ Presbyterian Church we are committed to building strong relationships which comfort, support and encourage our members and friends. We desire to build strong families and be a strong family to those without one.
Outreach - We believe that there is a very real source of hope for us, our families, our city and our world. Jesus Christ lived, died and lives again to replace fear with peace and restlessness with contentment. We desire to share this good news with those around us.